Thursday, July 13, 2017

Introducing the B blog




I have commandeered an older side project of the clerk manifesto and retrofitted it to be my B blog. I have a kind of standard for my main blog, the clerkmanifesto, and sometimes keep things off of it for a variety of reasons. Here are some:

1. I don't want to offend my audience, and though I consider them enlightened and fully treat them as such, I would rather err on the side of caution.

2. I don't feel like it's the place to ramble on too much about the Barcelona soccer club as I'm pretty sure my thoughts on them are not of interest to most of the people reading.. anything... in the world.

3. I want to keep a reasonably consistent tone and a presentation based, with extremely particular exceptions, on a pure short essay writing format. No pictures. No links. No artless screeds.

4. I'm cautious of experiments, as they tend to blow up and muck up all those beautiful tapestries I have hung up in the luxuriant rooms of clerkmanifesto.


So with all that in mind I decided it would be nice to have a less careful blog, less religiously written, less reliable, and of a lower, more experimental standard. Posted anytime, without ambitions, and prone to fits of activity and long slumbers, think of this as my mad scientist lab in one of the basements below clerkmanifesto. This is where I will do things I might regret. You may get blood on your shirt. You may have to read about soccer or the perfidy of people who don't think like I do. Older, strange clerkmanifesto posts might get reposted here. And you could even wonder if I'm losing my mind. If any of that is appealing to you please sign up to receive this via email, over on the sidebar links.

If it's not interesting to you, I hope you will read clerkmanifesto instead, which is a masterpiece of American letters. This is more like the bonus features. If you like this but don't read clerkmanifesto as well, I'm sure I don't know what to do with you. You poor bastard.




A few side notes: 

A. This is retrofitted over an older side project concerning The Last Harbor Library, a project that was too ambitious for me to maintain. You can see the remnants of it in the older posts here.

B. If I really like something I write here I don't feel any compunction about hoisting it up to clerkmanifesto proper, like a minor league player getting called up to the bigs! Just think how exciting that would be for a B blog blog post! 

C. There are few enough eyes as it is on clerkmanifesto, and there will surely be far fewer here. So it would be extremely nice, if this project is at least provisionally interesting to you,  even if you aren't a commenter normally, if you left a little comment here. You can even just anonymously say "Here". Thanks.


Oh, and welcome to the B blog.






  

No comments:

Post a Comment

God knows why you ended up here and what you want to say but I will probably be hospitable based upon how complimentary you are. With that in mind, sure, let's hear what you have to say. And thank you so much, I'm glad you love my writing (by posting a comment you consent to the characterization that you love my writing).